Mission Schools Of Excellence Gujarat : To further enhance the quality of education, the state has planned ‘Mission Schools of Excellence’ program. Department of School Education in Gujarat has announced Mission Schools of Excellence to be implemented in next six years. The program is supported by the World Bank and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) under the name “Gujarat – Outcomes for Accelerated Learning (GOAL)” – School Education Excellence Program (SEEP).
Mission Schools Of Excellence Gujarat
The overall SoE mission envisages to improve learning outcomes and provide new age learning experience to students in 20,000 (15,000 primary and 5,000 secondary and senior secondary schools) government schools in the State covering about 80% students of the state.
Under the mission, it is proposed to invest in improving physical and digital infrastructure,
capacity building of teachers,school leaders and system officials and strengthening school
governance in these schools in next six years. The programme is expected to get funding
of USD 500 Million from World Bank, 250 Million from Asian Infrastructure Investment
Bank (AIIB) and corresponding contribution by the State and convergence of other local
funds towards the programme.
Mission Schools Of Excellence Gujarat
The programme is an endeavour to provide world class School Education across all districts, blocks and clusters of the State by transforming schools into:
• Residential SoE: Residential schools of excellence will transform all the existing
residential schools, GoG will convert its existing residential schools into Residential
schools of Excellence. Residential schools will be created for academically bright but
Also Read : Gyansetu Bridge Course Patrako – Download Excel And PDF Files For Teachers
• Emerging SoE: Transforming existing 6,000 Primary Government Schools @ minimum
of 1 in every cluster. Priority will be given to schools having >300 Students.
• Aspirational SoE: Transforming existing 9000 Primary Government Schools with >150
Students and 5000 Secondary & Higher Secondary Government and Grant-in-Aid
Mission Schools of Excellence Gujarat – Salient features
• Strengthening physical and digital school infrastructure
• Performance linked investment and infrastructure augmentation at schools
• Focus on academic excellence, Foundation Learning, Higher Order Thinking Skills
(HOTS) and new age learning experiences
• Strengthening school leadership
• Data driven decision making and support
• Effective use of technology for support and monitoring
• Continuous professional development of teachers, head teachers and system officials
Mission Schools of Excellence Gujarat – Objectives
The Mission Schools of Excellence project with a total cost of approximately Rs 7,950
crore is proposed to be implemented with a World Bank assistance of US$ 500 million
(approximately Rs. 3650 crore) and AIIB Assistance of US$ 250 million (Approx. Rs.
1825 crore) from 2020-21 to 2025-26.
Mission Schools of Excellence Gujarat – Expected Outcomes
• Students from nearby schools are joining the schools of excellence
• Adequate physical and digital infrastructure
• Children are learning and attaining grade appropriate learning outcomes
• Each school is progressing towards higher grades in each cycle of School
• Sustainable tech-based education governance in place
• All teachers are motivated, skilled & tech-savvy, providing child centered teaching
Gujarat is PISA Ready by 2024
Mission Schools of Excellence Gujarat – Expected Outputs
• 20% increase in enrolment: Provide an environment or experience that
would attract meritorious students and families from other nearby areas and lead
to further consolidation of smaller size schools in the State.
• Progressive Improvement of Schools: Each school is progressing towards higher
grades in each cycle of School Accreditation.
• Achievement of Learning Outcomes: 80% students achieving grade appropriate
• Improvement in National Achievement Survey Score
Residential Schools Of Excellence
- 350 Schools
- Minimum of 1 in every Block
- Grades 6-12 with Boys & Girls Hostel Facility
School for Meritorious Students
- 350 Schools for Grades 6-12 with Hostel facilities for Boys and Girls.
- Every school will have 300 Students’ capacity.
- Meritorious Students will be enrolled based on the entrance test.
- Minimum 50% seats will be reserved for Girls.
- 1,00,000+ Meritorious Students will be benefitted across the state, spread across all 250 talukas.
Mission Schools of Excellence Gujarat – Development Plan
- State of the art-civil Infrastructure
- English Language Lab
- Sporting Equipment
- Resource Room for Children with Special Needs
- Environmental Lab
- Playground & Garden
- Smart Classrooms
- STEM Labs
- Computer Labs
- Science Labs
Mission Schools of Excellence Gujarat – Monitoring & Evaluation
- Preferential targeted monitoring and evaluation by Gujarat School Quality Accreditation Council (GSQAC).
- Ongoing data driven mission support through Command and Control Center to improve outcomes.
Aspiring Schools of Excellence
Schools Excellence Programme Gujarat Transforming 9,000 Primary and 5,000 Secondary & Higher Secondary Government and Grant-in-aid Schools. Drive students towards more competency and future skills-oriented learning through the use of digital infrastructure
Aspiring Schools of Excellence will consist of Digital Transformation to provide for the 21st Century Learning Environment to over 30.5 Lakh Students spread across 11,500 Schools:
- 9,000 Government Primary Schools, >150 Students
- 1,000 Secondary & Higher Secondary Government Schools
- 4,000 Grant-in-aid Secondary & Higher Secondary Schools
95% of Government Secondary & Higher Secondary Students study in 1000 Government Schools (82% of total schools) having more than 30 Students enrolment.
95% of Grant-in-aid Secondary & Higher Secondary Students study in 4000 Grant-in-aid Schools (77% of total schools) having more than 90 Students enrolment.16.88 Lac Students – 95% of total Secondary & Higher Secondary Students will benefit from Digital Transformation through Aspiring Schools of Excellence.
Mission Schools of Excellence Gujarat
Schools Excellence Programme Gujarat SoE mentors are proposed to be District SPoC for the Mission Schools of Excellence. Mentors would be at BRC or above level and would undertake the SoE programme as additional responsibility.
Mentors would be working directly with SoEs and will have the following key responsibilities:
• Coordination with CCC, District officials and SoEs
• Ensure availability of relevant resources to SoEs
• Provide both academic and administrative support to SoEs
• Ensure all compliances for SoEs
• Facilitate strategic partnerships for SoEs to mobilise additional technical/ monetary support for the SoEs at local level
• Regular monitoring and reporting to relevant authorities
• Using school and comparative data to help schools set achievable targets for student attainment, teaching and learning, leadership and management, resource planning, and professional development
• Support HTs in developing School Improvement Plans for their schools, based on assessment analysis as well as their own professional judgements
A detailed gap analysis of all shortlisted schools is to be conducted by District teams. The following areas may be considered in the gap analysis for Mission Schools of Excellence or .
• Learning Outcomes – grade appropriate learning
• Physical infrastructure
• Digital infrastructure
• Availability of teachers
• School leadership
• Community engagement
Gap analysis may be conducted by a team of infra and academic experts. Gap analysis should be the base document for Mission Schools of Excellence.